From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Matt Lind
Sent: Saturday, January 04, 2014 2:13 AM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: RE: ultimapper issues - tangent space normal maps

It's not a normalization issue as the normal vectors are normalized in Euler
space before being converted to RGB color space.  If it were a post process
problem, there would be differences in all cases.  So far I only see the
difference when one or both meshes are transformed indicating it's a coordinate
space computation issue.

There is no issue with a cage either.  See my previous reply to the this thread
with example scene.  The cage is only relevant when there are many layers of
overlapping surfaces.  In my example it's a simple cube and sphere, so no need
for a cage.

Matt