Cool you got it working.  You can actually take the libs out of the python
folder.  I prefer to do so because if you upgrade python or something else
you will need to move everything again, and personally I don't like to mess
around to much when something is working.

So you can leave your lib on the original folder and just add the
environment variable  PYTHONPATH and point it to your Gear lib, or other
python libraries you are using.