We use perforce, and I can script it within Softimage, and as far as I know
there was addon for Softimage too...

From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Andreas Böinghoff
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2014 9:40 AM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: asset library + version control

Hey Guys,

good tips here. I'll have a look at it.

Alan, with "not as nice..." I meant, that my solution goes not far enough
without rewriting and the other stuff has to much extra functionality + is
overcomplicated for what I want from it.

I'll have a look all your suggestions. If someone of you has an experiences
with one of the solutions, I would be pleased if you share it ;)

Andreas