If you want to save yourself some major headaches I recommend keeping your hands off of Vue and related products (e.g. Ozone, Carbon Scatter).
I and others I know have given it a shot in the past repeatedly and every single time were turned off by poor stability.
I've heard better things of Terragen, but I admit I have never used it.

Thanks Nick and Jordi,
  I will check out scatter tools now.

Jordi I agree completely with what you say, and at One Animation I usually only get about 1 to 2 weeks to develop anything. So I am very willing to try an out of box solution.

I started playing with Vue Extreme today,  it seems pretty powerful, but wow its not enjoyable at all to use,  I will keep experimenting with it until i understand it better.

I will also try world builder now thanks to your recommendation.

-E