Not sure about partitions, but what I did use successfully were render layers,
which is the equivalent of a pass in Soft.
There is a default render layer like in Soft, and every additional render layer
can have it's own render settings and overrides per parameter and object. There
is even a mode to automatically create an override as soon as you change any
value when the non-default render layer is active, which is quite convenient
when you need to work quickly and the project is not too complex. It requires
some discipline though and awareness of what render layer you are currently
working on or you get a a mess quickly.

Hi all,

Are there any people here that use Maya for rendering too, and can point
me to some Renderpass/Partition alike workflows in Maya.

I haven't touched Maya in quite a while now, but have to tweak an
already excisting project for rendering purposes.
I'm looking for the equivalent workflow for pass setup and partition
stuff for shader overrides, hiding objects etc., but I'm not sure on the
Maya terminology.

Thanks a lot for any tips, links etc.

  Stefan Kubicek                   ste...@keyvis.at
           keyvis digital imagery
          Alfred Feierfeilstraße 3
       A-2380 Perchtoldsdorf bei Wien
        Phone:  +43 (0) 699 12614231
                 www.keyvis.at
--   This email and its attachments are    --
-- confidential and for the recipient only --

---
is active.