i just went through this, i couldn't get that good of results out of voice
o matic. i ended up using FaceFX.

http://facefx.com/

the pipeline for FaceFX is a bit tricky, since it sits on top of fbx, but
they have an API which you can extract the auto lip sync curves without
using FBX back into softimage. the results i got with FaceFX were awesome
right out of the gate, i only needed to add one extra new target/shape.