I had the same problem and ended up copy/pasting image paths manually into the rotoscope options of each camera.
The thing is that Softimage doesn't have an equivalent feature to Maya's image planes. Image planes have a specifiable depth from the camera, while Soft's roto feature always consideres the image to be "in the back", behind anything else. If you need proper image planes you will need to attach grids to cameras manually and controll their distance with a custom param from the camera, or fully manually.

If you need it heavily you could write a script to export from Maya and import into Soft. Should be pretty straight forward.

Dear masterbrains,
I'm looking for a painless way of importing the imageplane-footage-informations from Maya to beloved Soft in an automated way.
Maya writes the sequence name into the fbx but the soft-importer doesnt read it...
Any ideas?
Thanks
Andi

--
Andreas Schulz
Durbusch 42,

Stefan Kubicek
keyvis digital imagery
Alfred Feierfeilstraße 3
A-2380 Perchtoldsdorf bei Wien
Phone: +43/699/12614231
www.keyvis.at ste...@keyvis.at
-- This email and its attachments are --
--confidential and for the recipient only--