My thought exactly!

*Please note that the right to use the Softimage license will terminate at
the end of the transition period if you are still on Subscription. You will
be transitioned to the latest release of either 3ds Max or Maya depending
on your initial choice. If you want to continue to use your Softimage
license after Feb 1, 2016 you should not renew your Subscription contract
for a period beyond that date. You will be able to continue to use
Softimage but will forfeit any future updates to either 3ds Max or Maya. *

So we can't use Softimage after Feb 1, 2016 and still be on some Autodesk
Subscription. This make the choice pretty easy to not be an Autodesk
customer anymore. What the hell are they thinking?!?

/Jens

--
Jens Lindgren