My fellows, friends, comrades.

The recent events that have befallen our community enunciate a breaking.

After this nothing or very little will be the same. People will shortly be
departing for uncertain pastures. One way or another, a long journey
through the night awaits us all, and we will find new lights and some will
find new apps to call home.

But I think that it is important we take steps to preserve this community
even if our paths seem to be at a crossing. For the knowledge and solace
woven here, surely they can not take.

If we are to move to a new list or to regroup around an existing resource,
eg: SI-community, we should do so soon before someone comes along and shuts
down this list scattering us to the winds of which not all of us may find
their way back.

I salute you all you are,were,and will be forever the best and fines this
industry could hope for.

"- A statue of one of the old kings they must have hacked his head off.

- But look ! [...] He wears a crown again, a crown of flowers like small
stars.They cannot conquer forever."

- J.R.R Tolkien