Personally I find the offer monetary value itself barely relevant.
Let me explain: It's more the fact a person as highly positioned as him
keeps in touch with people who have hardly anything to do with his products
and is wiling to jump a whole chain of decision makers and bureaucracy to
make something happen in a few hours that matters to me.

If it saves you a few hundred bucks that's a bonus for sure :)

BTW apparently it's the community store or something like that that should
be used at:
http://community.thefoundry.co.uk/store/modo/
Some other store locations might not accept coupons.