Thx for the update Tim, I was already wondering how they'd distinguish between people from this list using the code, and others... :-)

So here's an update from Brad concerning the coupon code for Modo... The intent of the code was for this list as a sympathetic gesture. The code has since been posted on CGSociety. Now that it's out in the wild, Brad is concerned that the original intent of the code is getting lost the further out it travels. As such, he has let us know that he plans to turn off the code in a few hours. Meanwhile, anyone here who decides they are interested can email him directly and he will work with you: b...@luxology.com.

As for upgrades to 801... he says this:

"1. This price does not include maintenance. Mainly because we don't have an official maintenance for modo. MODO users get service packs (bug fixes not new features) for free for the duration of that major release.
2. When we release an upgrade we price protect 30 days back for new purchasers.
3. We do not have an official release date on 801 but I can say it is unlikely that it would be within 30 days.
4. Upgrades usually price at $495 (and we often discount that the first couple weeks) so even buying with the promo code and then paying for an upgrade the price is well below list for a single seat.

As you know, I always try to make right by people. If we release 801 just outside the 30-day back support and someone really really feels like we cheated them they can call me. I'll work it out.
-Brad"

Stefan Kubicek
keyvis digital imagery
Alfred Feierfeilstraße 3
A-2380 Perchtoldsdorf bei Wien
Phone: +43/699/12614231
www.keyvis.at ste...@keyvis.at
-- This email and its attachments are --
--confidential and for the recipient only--