I'm certainly wouldn't say Im transitioning to Modo, but I totally believe in
their dedication and vision and Brad has to be one of if not THE most
communicative leaders and that counts for a lot in my book. They listen and
react properly and are forward thinking.
Modo currently lacks hugely compared to Softimage for the work I do, but I was
using it as a renderer before moving to Arnold. I enjoyed Modo rendering, to be
honest, but nothing could compete with Arnold directly in Xsi.
I do feel like the time is coming when modo is going to get more interesting to
animators and riggers, but for me I think it's a way off. I need ice too much.
Anyway. I'm upgrading my modo licence , if mainly so I can get mesh fusion, but
also because who knows? If they are going interesting places in the future, I
don't want to be completely rusty.
Oh and the renderer is better at interiors than Arnold and a lot cheaper to run
so I may reintroduce it for the odd job.

On 12 Mar 2014, at 23:18, Perryharovas <perryharo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Seriously evaluating modo as all this evolves.
>
> Please add me:
>
> perryharo...@gmail.com
>
> Thank you!
>

> On Mar 12, 2014, at 5:55 PM, Mario Reitbauer <cont...@marioreitbauer.at>
> wrote:
>
>> add me in, gonna do the transition to modo and houdini.
>>
>> cont...@marioreitbauer.com

>> I would sure like to take a look at it aabara...@gmail.com
>>

>> On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 3:21 PM, Tim Crowson
>> <tim.crow...@magneticdreams.com> wrote:
>> Yes the lack of  non-rigging-related operator stack (not just history) has
>> been an issue for some people who really do like to model more procedurally.
>> In rigging, you'll find that deformers are stacked using Order of
>> Operations, similarly to the operator stack in Softimage, on a per-deformer
>> basis. But that's not the same thing as a construction history, or
>> procedural modeling, which every agrees would be awesome to have.
>> -Tim
>>

>> On 3/10/2014 3:05 AM, Szabolcs Matefy wrote:
>>> I am evaluating modo now as an alternative, and it looks really promising,
>>> however, I miss the history. But since I worked with LW before SI for four
>>> years, it’s really fun to feel a somehow familiar feeling :D

>>> LinkedIN