Hi guys,

This is maybe not the best time to write about this, but maybe something
good could be done about this idea.

Looking around si-community and here as well I saw a lot of topics
regarding "How to" and "Help me with" in order to achieve a goal.
This is perfectly fine and on both communities there are lots of talented
people willing to give advices, share compounds and make tutorials about it.

There are some specific things which are not so simple to develop, and most
of the time you can't get the thing you're doing to work, so you end up
going nowhere, or switch to another software you know already do what
you're looking for ( if there is one ).

So, with this in mind my proposal is quite "simple":
Setup small found raise groups, using kickstarter, in order to finance a TD
or a talented artist to develop a custom tool which allows you to reach
your ( ours ) goal.
The TD look at the request, setup the minimum amount on money needed to
develop that tool, then the fund raise campaign begin.

Lets start with an example
- A muscle system within Softimage: Most of you saw the Peta commercial and
the behind the scene and saw the amazing thing The Mill did using
Softimage; also recently Paul Smith did a demo of his muscle system which
looks pretty damn cool; Vorlex developed his plugin using ICE, and those
are just few examples.
- VFX done with ICE: Exocortex already sells amazing plugins, but lets say
I need specific VFX in my shot and I need someone who's capable to create
what I need.

To put it simple would be the answer to "I don't know how to do this, can
someone do this for me if I pay?"

The found raising could be applied not only to Softimage ( even because I'm
not sure how many TDs want to create tools for a Software which is going to
be left out in a couple of years ), but extend this idea to other software,
for example Fabric Engine, which has huge potentials and lots of people
right now are really interested into this framework.

So, what are your thoughts about it?

Cheers

Nicolas