Hi Chris, I've had to ignore the list for the last week for personal
reasons, so apologies if this has been mentioned somewhere across the
myriad threads...

I keep hearing yourself, Maurice, Graham, and everyone else from Autodesk
who have stuck their heads above the parapet continuously mention movies
and games, movies and games, movies and games (I've quoted the last
paragraph from you mail below).  It's always been my impression that most
of the people on the list, and users of Softimage in general, are working
in *broadcast and commercials*.  Without wanting to step out of line, it
seems to me to be the crux of your problem here and why you find yourselves
having to swim so hard against this raging tide of discontent and abuse.

In terms of creating broadcast and commercial graphics with it's associated
constraints and problems, I think I speak for a lot of people here in
saying we feel we already have the tool that we want and need (minus the
continued feature updates and bugfixes we were already expecting before you
dropped the bomb on us).  Neither Maya or Max fit that bill as cleanly.

Much akin to Brad's reference to bullet-point driven decision making, I
think you have a large chunk of users here representing a square-peg which
feel you are relentlessly trying to bash them through a round hole.

Just an observation, and again, apologies if this has been mentioned
previously, it's hard to keep track coming in cold after my break...

DAN.

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 3:37 PM, Chris Vienneau <chris.vienn...@autodesk.com