From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Martin Yara
Sent: 19 March 2014 16:35
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Autodesk webinar

Hi Brent,

Thanks for your detailed explanation.

from a SI user POV yeah that isn't very impressive, but being a partial Maya
user, that sounds pretty cool. Not enough to make me want to model in Maya but
I may not need to move back to SI when tweaking models for a Maya based project.

BTW, One of the model tools I miss in Maya is the old SI Move Tool with Magnet.
Moving edge loops almost without affecting the object form is something I can't
live without. I remember how excited I was when learned MMB + drag + Magnet to
move edge loops. I couldn't stop moving edges :D

Is there anything close to that in Maya? If not, you should add it.

Martin

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 12:07 AM, Brent McPherson