I have a good portion of this islands retired population on mint15/16
(most from xp). once people get over the slight bump

that passes for a learning curve (it usually amounts to panicked text
messages about not having antivirus) they couldn't be happier.

i'd go for the ubuntu base if possible (deb edition is a lot faster but
you'll need to go with sid/testing for wifi/skype phones etc)

--
Jon Swindells
jon_swinde...@fastmail.fm