Not sure if I'm getting the problem right, but how about making copies of the mesh and storing the required delta in every vertex first. Once the mesh is finished, move all vertices up/down by that delta value in a second step?

Hi guys

I'm having the following ICE topology issue which ill describe bellow:

I'm using 2 nulls to distribute a series of pillars between them (using create copies from Polygon Mesh node) I want these cloned pillars to adjust the height accordingly to the 2 nulls height but since the pillars have some modelled details I cant use scale, nor >flatten part of the geometry to either the top or bottom. So I first created an ICE tree on the pillar with a simple Test Inside Null to define an area of the pillar that can be moved and stored as an Ice property. Then my cloned pilars top part is aligned with the nulls height while the bottom part that was stored on the ICE property gets moved down to touch >the ground. So basically my issue is that I cannot get the deltas of each of the pillars, I only get the first pillar delta that gets cloned, so the only way around this >was use a repeat node that iterates all the vertices and is really really slow if the geometry is complex.

Since ICE already iterates every vertice this isn't efficient (for now is just a workaround) so if someone more experienced with dealing with ICE >topology changes can shed some light in how to deal with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Nuno

Stefan Kubicek
keyvis digital imagery
Alfred Feierfeilstraße 3
A-2380 Perchtoldsdorf bei Wien
Phone: +43/699/12614231
www.keyvis.at ste...@keyvis.at
-- This email and its attachments are --
--confidential and for the recipient only--