On 22 May 2014, at 01:54, Nick Angus <n...@altvfx.com> wrote:

> As far as I am concerned the animation/rigging war is over and Maya won, not
> on merit of courseā€¦. But that doesn't make much difference when you are
> looking for a freelance rigger or animator to hit the ground running.

Animation toolset is the simplest of areas to improve (let's face it, animation
requires a few simple tools) and the rigging toolset in Houdini is far superior
to the one in both XSI or Maya so my feeling is that if you want to use it for
character animation it is not a problem as we do day in day out at Realise.

jb