To clarify a bit, Softimage was used for the heavy majority, but not everything:

Z-Brush was used for creating hi-resolution character models which were then
later downsized (resolution) for use in the game.  Modo was also used for
initial character modeling, and texturing as it has better tools for unfolding
and manipulating texture UVs interactively such as pinning UVs and
interactively resolving the unfold as UVs are manipulated.  Once modeling was
completed, they were imported into softimage for further work such as using
ultimapper for transferring/generating normal maps, assigning our custom
shaders, custom properties, vertex color properties, and so forth.  Once
completed character models would be passed onto tech art for rigging and
eventually animation for animating.  All rigging and animation took place in
Softimage.  Prop and environment were modeled in softimage, but occasionally
exported to Modo for texture UV adjustment, xNormal for generating normal maps,
or Nvidia plugin in photoshop for generating .dds normal maps for use with our
custom OpenGL shaders.

We had many in-house developed tools and editors for generating the terrain for
our worlds and populating the worlds with our assets as well as connecting the
game logic with game design to put it all together so work can be previewed,
tested, and debugged.

What I wrote is just a quick gloss over.  If I can find some time, I’ll look
into whether I can do a more in-depth ‘how we did it’ article.  No promises
though.

Matt