Hi gang,

with my partner we were discussing crossproduct "theory" and I'm not sure what to believe or think.

I was persuaded that the result of a Cross Product of a PointPosition (x,y,z) and a vector 0,1,0 plugged in a the PointVelocity, would give a particle orbiting around 0,0,0 describing a perfect circle.

In fact, not exactly.

with simulation substep 1 I get this :

with simulation substep 10 I get this (but it travels much slower) :

So my question is : Is this a problem of approximation from the or the computer, and then the mathematical nature of cross product is able to "describe" a circle.

or is this a normal behaviour, considering that the cross product vector is pushing in straight line a particle and that it could never "describe" a circle.