I have less pangs with such things provided they innovate and try to
further the technology. the ability to send information/choices to a
client, then back into modo, is an innovation, and it is early days yet.

The worst are Joe Alter style scenarios when one paten holds back
innovation.

I still feel its a lot more criminal to buy a product with intent to
terminate.