Octane is an un-biased GPU renderer, i wonder how it stacks

they way i understand bias and unbies

is it, that

unbias, computer goes through the whole gamut of possible calculations to
find the right result per ray traced.

Bias, you get to clamp the calculations to a more probable outcome, so the
ray calculation won't bother with "everything" just the specific bracket
you want to work in, which speeds up things, but sacrifices certainty in
accuracy?

is that right ?

or is that brute force ?