I´m old but still a romantic. I kept my naivety as long as possible. All I do is model anyway. Most people don´t want clean models, they want cheap models, even if the abuse shows.

In terms of working with cache data, be it alembic files, volume caches, animation tracks or particle caches, I would still think that Autodesk might be interested to look into how interpolation of cached data can be implemented as an extension of existing toolsets.

One can always submit a feature request.

"In Houdini, I just have to... Maya doesn´t let me... althought even in Softimage one could..."

Seriously, it´s just a matter of time until more people request convenient existing cache interpolation.

Sure, Blender will support it out of the box next week or never, Modo and Cinema will fight over who did it the user friendliest way and someone using Houdini will admit they already used Adrian´s approach of per particle locator baking on the last 25 feature projects, along with Arnold&Hair...

Cheers,

tim