Well easy solution for this one at least ;)
For the old maya folk keep everything like it is.
For everyone who don't want to get brain fucked do it like this:
If nothing is selected and you call the parent constraint as example a pick
session starts with a tooltip what to select.

Problem solved. Old maya guys are happy, and new maya users don't need to
brain fart.