Ha, I still have those manuals standing in the bookshelf, next to Rossano's "Inside Softimage|3D" book. ;-)

I started dabbling with Softimage|3D 3.7 I think, on a blue and bubbly SGI 02, and picked up XSI at 3.0 on WinNT, replacing 3DSMax. Bought Foundation for dabbling at home at some point, but that was quickly replaced with a Essentials license.

Good times ;-)

And after spending some time in Houdini and Maya lately, it's sad to see how truly elegant Softimage is compared to other packages. Sure, it has it's quirks too, but nothing beats Softimage in workflow, compared to the click-fest that is many other apps....

Rob