I’ll try copy over the work version and overwrite the one that isn’t working
here, and see if it’s anything to do with the install, and if it works… I know
this end installed wrong or something.

If not, I will know it’s my operating system setup or graphic card or drivers.

From: Mario Reitbauer
Sent: ‎Friday‎, ‎May‎ ‎15‎, ‎2015 ‎10‎:‎36‎:‎04‎ ‎
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com

Ur crazy :D
Sry no idea, could be almost everything starting from graphic card issue over
operating system....

I have decided to… go back to the year 2009 and use XSI mod tool to keep on
doing some productions in a fun workflow kind of way with Softimage - hopefully
still legal and acquirable after 2016 without Autodesk.(though I hope my studio
partners will be able to buy a few seats for Redshift before it’s too late…)

I have XSI Mod Tool with Mach Studio Pro 2 (also defunct but awesome still as a
GPU game engine like renderer) that could put out some fun linear content for
webseries or television - so.. that’s a plan I’m cooking up.

BUT.. it’s not working on one of my main machines (Windows 8.1) - it hard
crashes on object select or move.

It works on another W8.1 machine, so not sure.. why it’s happening here, and
not on the other machines.

Why would this be, is there a fix? I had it working once earlier on this
machine even, but now… even on re-install - it won’t work. Is it my operating
system? Graphics? (AMD Ati card) or drivers? (I can rotate and zoom around the
viewport, just on object select it crashes). Is it something in the registry?

A little help would be greatly appreciated.

Call me crazy, I trade off caustics, hair/fur, particles and ICE strands and
things and all the modern tech out there… but still have the pleasure of the
workflow and animation of Softimage with the added GPU support of Mach Studio
Pro game engine renderer. Maybe it’s for the art and story instead of the
headaches and struggle to keep up with new features and developing software?