The 980ti (starting at EUR 735,-) is a good opportunity compared to the gtx980 (starting at EUR 500,-) but it is annoying to know that Video-RAM will soon become a bottleneck because more and more applications start to utilize GPU performance to their benefit, either when caching out like in Nuke for huge environment images or a GPU renderer like Redshift3D having to optimize, e.g. limit it´s
cache sizes to fit into a smaller than desireable meomory footprint.

All that on top of what a 4k display would demand for it´s share of available video memory to start with.

I think Nvidia missed an opportunity there, not just for quadro cards.
They are pulling an Intel in terms of price tags but they didn´t make sure their base is safe for the future.

I had hoped for a wider than 384bit bus, e.g. something more like a 512bit bandwidth which would have made power of two steps in video ram more likely, e.g. cards with 4GB, 8GB, 12GB, 16GB, etc.

To me, it seems the gtx9xx bus width comes directly from the gtx7xx range, which was already starting
to show limits in buswidth back then.

All that said and taking tax laws and such for wrting off hardware into account, I´d probably have to go with a Titan, using it 2-3 years and finding myself wanting more video ram soon anyway...

Cheers,

tim