Hi, I came across CGru which is an opensource .py script/code for noding
machines into a farm.
I found this as setup instruction for installing it into softimage:
http://cgru.sourceforge.net/afanasy/plugins/xsi/doc/setup.html

Here´s some more info:
http://cgru.info/software/xsi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYVZvlXdBsg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvRInW5hLtc

As you can see this runs a command line, fires up xsi_batch.exe and xsi.exe
and basically then through their admin panel you can add nodes and submit a
job.

I know this is kinda silly asking (taking into account more powerful
managers exist such as "Backburner") <- I´m being gentle. :) ....

here´s my question: Anyone has tried this? looks like there´s no real power
on administrating machines with CGru, but I´m asking on the list, just in
case anyone has come across, installed and actually made it work on
SI2014-15.

Cheers.
:)

--