I too wouldnt be surprised something would come out of the Nk/Modo relationship, (a question of time?)

And indeed at least for now, is 3D in nuke not just a little bit clunky.

Doesn't need to be like complete DCC tools, but things like managing, manipulating and fixing projections, parenting things (sounds silly but) and other relationships.
(very very clunky for now)