I am animating materials on a number of referenced models and experienced
some amount of inconsistency with this feature. I am animating weights in
Mix 2 Colors nodes to animate some textures - on some referenced models it
keeps the animation after reloading the scene but on other technically
identical referenced models, the animation is lost. If I inspect the delta
fcurves on the ref models where the animation is lost, I can inspect and
see the animation on the fcurves, but if I inspect the material in the
Render Tree is is not there.

What gives? Do I have to do some delta house cleaning or are there other
little trick to get this working consistently?

Morten