right, you set your watch like
filename.m_pData->m_WDebugString

You can also make a functions in your plugin that returns what you
want to see as a "const char *" and add a call to that function in
your watch window.  It'll print the value there.  You can call c++
methods and functions in many windows in the VC++ debugger.
Unfortunately, we can't call CString's GetAsciiString and other
methods because they've been optimized out, so one needs to make a
function that calls it for us, that we then can call from the debugger
when we need it