From: Stephen Blair <stephenrbl...@gmail.com>
Date: 12/01/2016  08:56  (GMT-05:00)
To: Morten Bartholdy <x...@colorshopvfx.dk>, softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Can't start Softimage - system failure

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 8:33 AM, Morten Bartholdy <x...@colorshopvfx.dk> wrote:

   I reinstalled this morning - still no joy, so Svens user account trick got
me running again.

   I had tried running it as admin, but that doesn't work either. I have only
previously run in to startup crashes that would be fixed by renaming prefs -
this one is new, and somewhat worrying.

   MB

Did you rename just the prefs folder, or did you rename the whole Softimage
folder for the user account (eg rename Softimage_2015_SP2 to
Softimage_2015_SP2.bak for the problem user account) ?
My own approach to troubleshooting that would include using Process Monitor to
compare the startups of the two different user accounts.