Some people stick to 6.5 due to drivers with particular hardware like fibre
channel networking cards and the likeā€¦ v7 is much better and in my opinion
worth going for it.

Regarding installation and bloating I consider Centos pretty well balanced so I
normally go for the full install.

Hope it helps
jb