Lovely to hear that you are buying too Dave :)

We use Softimage and Maya here too, almost to the same extent, and I
suspect with the lack of functionality and poor UI in Maya I will be using
Softimage for many years to come while gradually learning Maya as it
(hopefully) improves more. I can definately see improvement in 2016 over
previous versions, but the scene organisation and scene overview is still a
poor mess compared to Soft, and the latest thread about Maya rigging makes
it quite clear I will be doing all rigging in Soft for quite a while.

Morten