Oh, nobody wants an Autodesk guy moderating an XSI list, this is just
something the list got stuck with :P
I'm not aware of the list being at risk of going away, however nothing can
last forever. I cannot help you with moving the users elsewhere, the list
of subscribers is protected by the customer data privacy policy.  I haven't
blocked people plugging their houdini things, I won't block anyone plugging
their alternate mailing list as long as it's not annoying spam.