It's possible the message is coming up with other types memory
allocations as well, for example a big weight maps or other big
arrays.
Check if it's a a really big number. It's in bytes, I think, so you
would device by 1024*1024 to get a number in megs.
if the original number is greater than 2 bilions bytes, it would
likely be a bug somewhere.