No, no you're not mis-understanding. Probably me doing it wrong
I will try that too, thank you for making that clear :)
All that "thinking" is because I had this project
https://vimeo.com/155960784

It's a bit complicate to describe in words.

To achieve the rotation per primitive  I had to define an axis and center
for each primitive.
The axis problem is solved.
The center position is half solved. I'd like it to be in the middle of the
edge (at the moment it's happening on the point Position)
I know I need to subtract vector P0 - P1 to find the middle position.
But, when I sort the array of Position (with Sort SOP) in Random mode it
can happen that P1 is no more next to P0, but somewhere far away.Causing
the middle of my edge being somewhere inside the polygon.

In vex I don't know how to tell Houdini pick the second index (index 1) in
"that" sorted array.

So I had that idea to try to rebuild it in VOP, using a similar Ice Build
arrayFromSet + Select in Array.

I have no idea if what I'm saying is clear :/