From: Ed Manning <etmth...@gmail.com>
Date: 03/11/2016  9:18 AM  (GMT-05:00)
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: "Saving Environments" taking a long time on save

I have 2 nearly identical installs of Softimage, in different locations, with
synced and mirrored databases.
In one location, everything is normal, and save operations are quick. In the
other, identical scenes, with mirrored paths, save quickly, except during the
"saving environments" phase, when it hangs for a good 15-20 seconds,
occasionally more.
I can't find any docs online describing what Soft is actually doing during the
"Saving Environments" portion of a save, so debugging this has been difficult.
Is it the "environments" that you can see through the Explorer when working
with simulations (of which there are many live in the scenes)? Are they being
put somewhere besides the project database?
Any ideas?