You should be able to reuse the GUI as it is through PyQtForSoftimage (it's
a pretty lightweight implementation, kudos to the people involved), but it
requires the user to install the plugin + pyqt 4.8.x (I don't think the
plugin is compatible with recent versions of qt as there are a lot of
breaking changes on 5.x) and probably an external python 2.7... it's not a
big deal but if the intent is to distribute the tool it will probably be an
obstacle for a lot of people, or maybe the community is more tech savy
nowadays... who knows :)