Nuke all the way.
I use AE when I must but hate it for 32bit.
Color management is a joke in AE, exr files crash the system and run out of
memory using the ancient plugin which is more of a hack than any real type of
workflow.

AE is good for motion graphics, but anything serious in film world, don't
settle for anything other than Nuke ( or Fusion if you don't need certain
things).

Really. You will regret it.

Sent from my iPhone