greetings!

I was running into some trouble when I tried to build some basic stuff in
ICE, and I'm running out of ideas, so please have a look at the images and
share your wisdom with me :)

https://goo.gl/photos/NiMY5rRn5S1XTbQT9

The first image, a torus, with the shape modeled in xsi, and correctly
displayed in the shape manager, and the second image is the same shape in
ICE. First I've tried with a more complex object (shapes imported from
mudbox), but when things looked funny I gave it a try from scratch, and I
must have missed something very basic, but I have no idea what..
Any suggestions/observations are very welcome!

cheers,
balazs