Arigato Takayoshi! I will look at what you have found and your proposed
fixes. I am really saddened to think I need to ship a custom build of
PySide. Changing the python or the Softimage command for returning the
anchor I can live with. I still need to get access to a Windows 10 machine
to really be of any help yet.

Steven