I have the Soft keyboard mapping set in Modo and the F key doesn't frame
the current selection. 'A' does however frame all visible objects. Just
saying.
It's an interesting interface but does seem quite slow, even when just
toggling simple things.

On 14 July 2016 at 14:41, Alok Gandhi <alok.gandhi2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well for now, I think Maya capitalised a big deal on GPU Caches (built on
> top of alembic), a really scalable solution for massive pipelines.
> Assemblies are also a great boon for scalability.
>
> On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 9:22 PM, Greg Punchatz <g...@janimation.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I have found the videos helpful, the workflow ones are a bit better about
>> showing how to work around some of maya's weaknesses and even showing some
>> of it's advantages.
>>
>> We still have not made the leap to anything other than soft for our main
>> work, but I spend every free moment of my day getting my head wrapped
>> around each apps strengths and weaknesses.
>>
>> Chris, I like the really like way modo "thinks", seems very well thought
>> out IMO. It lacks a lot of features and most notably speed, but it is
>> impossible to ignore for modeling and asset creation. I really with they
>> could crack the speed barrier.
>>
>> Maya has some really great features and scales well.  Autodesk much to my
>> surprise is making big strides in making it less of a mess from the
>> surface, the interface is much improved, they have added many of the main
>> features I had in xsi since day one. Although I keep hitting rude reminders
>> of the reasons I did not go to Maya in the first place, there is still way
>> too many times when you have to write a command to do a basic task. Between
>> that and how difficult it is to rig in maya vs soft I still am having
>> trouble with the idea of moving us to maya but it is getting more likely.
>> Fabric might ease the pain, but I need to look deeper.
>>
>> I am still looking at all the other apps too, I see splitting our
>> pipeline up in the future between many apps. I keep hoping someone will
>> make a BIG stride in character animation and rigging in a stand alone app,
>> Fabric is almost there, it just needs an interface for animating.
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 5:26 AM, Chris Marshall <
>> chrismarshal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Excellent, I'll take a look. Any chance of turning on 'Complete
>>> Softimage Interface and Toolset' too!?

>>> --
>>> Chris Marshall
>>> Mint Motion Limited
>>> 029 20 37 27 57
>>> 07730 533 115
>>> www.mintmotion.co.uk
>>> www.dot3d.com
>>>

>>> ------
>>> Softimage Mailing List.
>>> with "unsubscribe" in the subject, and reply to confirm.
>>>

>> ------
>> Softimage Mailing List.
>> with "unsubscribe" in the subject, and reply to confirm.
>>

> --
>
> ------

Chris Marshall
Mint Motion Limited