hi Tim

I am just starting in Houdini as well and would be interested in a XSI
Shelf tools.

for these particular issues you mentioned, you could match the Translate,
Rotate, Scale and or Pivot using the icons on the right of these
parameters. very useful!

and on the Modify shelft tab you have the Center Pivot button as well.

also, under the Pre-Transform dropdown at the top of the Transforms tab,
you have Clean Transforms/Translate/Rotate/Scale with for my understanding
are basic as the Freeze in XSI. when you Extract these you get your global
transforms and when you Reset them you'd be setting the Pre-Transforms back
to zero...

hope that makes sense, I thought it to be very straightforward. Houdini is
very rewarding to learn, hope you enjoy.

cheers

www.edschiffer.com