Agreed Cristobal.

Outside of watermarking of renders (and lack of third party renderers),
Apprentice is the full Houdini FX experience. It can be a smart idea to do
your initial learning in Apprentice, especially considering Indie is a 12
month rental.

Mantra is a great renderer, so forcing yourself to learn it before moving
onto a faster GPU renderer (e.g. you already own Redshift) is beneficial
too.