Forgot to mention: Played wavs: 8k, 16k, 32k, 44khz. All good in mono and
stereo. Aiff on 32khz and 18khz
and even the sounds from the Audio folder at factory location.
All of those , in turn, before the install; didn´t play at all on SI 2014
sp2. Definetly something corrupted
something of .dll on a workgroup and messed the audio. Deleted old
preferences, wiped out all temp folders,
did a clean reinstall. Solved.

Cheers.