I think it's in that documentary, how Phil Tippet handled the transition :
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.youtube.com_watch-3Fv-3DVTGQ-5FK0DBPo&d=DwIBaQ&c=76Q6Tcqc-t2x0ciWn7KFdCiqt6IQ7a_IF9uzNzd_2pA&r=GmX_32eCLYPFLJ529RohsPjjNVwo9P0jVMsrMw7PFsA&m=oepycc3YLH4thg5YCEaskTeHTg8cYeDIXAvV0eTpZ9s&s=59GKlNvQqSDENcgnjMXAj5-bBqALYylm_FMF5LWlYG8&e=