Laurent Blume wrote:

j'ai poste mon probleme sur la liste ipfilter aussi, mais sans succes jusqu'ici

En général, la liste fonctionne plutôt bien...

lu sur la liste ipfilter a l'instant Phil Dibowitz wrote:

Darren and co (yeah, I know, Darren's in China, but he's still reading
email):

I finally made the jump from IPF3 to IPF4 tonight at home (and as you
saw from Chet's earlier posts, a I got a few people at the office using
IPF, and they just went with IPF4).

Here are a few comments:

1. Everything in ftp://coombs.anu.edu.au/pub/net/ip-filter/ is out of
date. It has pfil2.1 and ip_fil4.1.3 - these are way old. Either remove
this directory, or update it

2. Because of the above the link
ftp://coombs.anu.edu.au/pub/net/ip-filter/ip_fil4.1.7.tar.gz on the mail
IPF page doesn't work

3. The IPF page should have a link to the pfil page... and I would also
suggest the top of the IPF page where it has the Latest IPF to also ahve
the "Latest PFIL"

4. The site should probably list Solaris 10 under "Comes as part of the
following operating systems."

5. I noticed that the Solaris instructions still say not to use gmake -
but several Sun employees have told me /usr/ccs/bin/make is considered
deprecated and only there for backwards compatiblity, and I should use
gmake or dmake. Is there a reason the makefiles don't work with gmake?
There's a test to make sure you don't use it, but why?

6. I can't seem to build with gcc3 but gcc2 worked fine (not I'm on
intel, 32bit). This is what I get with gcc3:

gcc -I. -g -I../.. -D_BSD_SOURCE  -DSOLARIS2=9 -c ../../lib/debug.c -o
debug.o
../../lib/debug.c: In function `debug':
../../lib/debug.c:30: error: `__builtin_va_alist' undeclared (first use
in this function)
../../lib/debug.c:30: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
only once
../../lib/debug.c:30: error: for each function it appears in.)
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `debug.o'
Current working directory /home/phil/build/ip_fil4.1.7/SunOS5/i386-5.9
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `sunos5x86'
Current working directory /home/phil/build/ip_fil4.1.7
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `solaris'

Hopefully I can start updating the FAQ a little more for IPF4 shortly...