Mike Klaas wrote:
On 7/21/06, Andrew May <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Well, that explains why I wasn't getting any variations when using the gradient formatter. Also, creating the QueryScorer with the fieldName prevents highlights from appearing where they shouldn't - e.g. when searching for +title:management +journal:quarterly I was seeing
"Management" highlighted in my journal field as well as the title.

Interesting--I wasn't aware that it affected that.

I found that there are downsides to supplying the fieldName to the QueryScorer - it means you can't search one field and highlight another - I have a combined field for "title/keywords/abstract", but only title is displayed on the search results page, so I just want to highlight "title", which doesn't work if the QueryScorer is constructed that way. Likewise, if you've built a summary field for display in search results, but you search other fields you won't be able to highlight the summary.

I guess it's another thing for the list of things that needs to be configurable. Perhaps "hl.exact=true/false"?

-Andrew