On 11/7/06 11:22 AM, "Yonik Seeley (JIRA)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yes, posting queries work because it's all form-data (query args).
> But, what if we want to post a complete file, *and* some extra info/parameters
> about how that file should be handled?

One approach is the Atom Publishing Protocol. That is pretty clear
about content and metainformation. It isn't designed to solve every
problem, but it handles a broad range of publishing, so it could be
a good fit for many uses of Solr.

APP is nearly finished. The latest draft is here (second URL also
has HTML versions).

 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-atompub-protocol-11.txt
 http://tools.ietf.org/wg/atompub/draft-ietf-atompub-protocol/

wunder